Breweries in Texas are popping up more and more each year. For beer aficionados, there is nothing better than tipping back a cold one and what a better way to do it than traversing the great state of Texas with our list of recommendations and stopping in all the neat little craft breweries in Texas along the way. Craft breweries in Texas that will entice you to stop in for a taste are found statewide in some of the coolest little towns and the big cities.
One of the first ones we recommend is Brazos Valley Brewery here in Brenham Texas. This fun little craft brewery started in the garage of four friends. Guys who just loved great beer and were intrigued by trying to make their own. From their website, these guys profess “Our roots are similar to most. Homebrewing, maybe a few too many, and a crazy “what if”….We’re not a complicated brewery nor are we a complicated group of people. Our philisophy is a simple one. We brew what we like and we hope you like it, too.” Offering three original craft brews (Golden Ale, Silt Brown Ale & Cause IPA) plus a rotation of Seven Spanish Angels Coffee Brown, Big Spoon Tres Leches Stout, Roots Radicals Double IPA, and 13th Can Cream Ale, the names alone make you want to try them all!
While in Brenham, reserve a room at our Brenham Texas Bed and Breakfast for a sweet spot to crash for the night after enjoying your craft brews and the charm of our historic downtown. If you happen to be in town the weekend of October 17th, you’ll want to also enjoy the Brew Step in downtown Brenham and the Brew Feast at Home Sweet Farm (be sure to buy your tickets ahead of time!). These two fun events are annual events in October so if you don’t make it this year, plan ahead for next year!
We’ve put together a weekends worth of some other craft breweries that have been top rated and are sure to delight your beer tasting palate:
1. Jester King Brewery in Austin, Texas: These guys are pushing Texas craft beer and Texas craft breweries with their “everyday” beers and their sour barrel aged beers.
2. Saint Arnold in Houston, Texas: Considered a good ole boy of breweries in Texas, there’s a reason they’re hitting 20 years – consistency.
3. Real Ale Brewing Company in Blanco, Texas: Real Ale has been in the game for longer than most Texas breweries producing award winning year round beers that are consistent plus offering excellent seasonals and rare high level limited releases.
4. Austin Beerworks in Austin, Texas: Their ambiance, the production of one of the best IPA’s in Texas, Fire Eagle, and a very nice seasonal program with their heavy machinery series that produces solid beers, make this a must stop. This would be another “throw a six pack in the cooler” craft brewery.
5. Lone Pint Brewery in Magnolia, Texas: This an up and coming star with their SMaSH style beers.
6. Live Oak Brewing Company in Austin, Texas: German brewery in Texas! Live Oak has no barrel aged or over hopped beers here, just solid “traditional” beers with incredibly impressive Hefeweizen, Pilsner, Weizenbock, and a Barleywine.
The best news is that all of a these craft breweries in Texas are located within an hour or two drive of our country bed and breakfast which is in the center of all the action…..the best stop over you’ll find! Book your room now and start the tasting!